by Amy Zoethout | Mar 15, 2023
The Seaforth Book Club meets monthly at the Seaforth Branch for discussion about the book of the month. The group meets the third Thursday of each month. For more information or to register, please contact the branch.
- May 18 – News of the World
- June 15 – Joyner’s Dream
- July 20 – Ten Thousand Doors of January
- Aug. 17 – A Woman is No Man
- Sept. 21 – The Girl with the Louding Voice
- Oct. 19 – Albatross
- Nov. 16 – Braiding Sweet Grass & Lady Franklin’s Revenge
- Dec. 21 – The Accident
- Jan. 18 – Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
by Huron County Library | Jan 28, 2023 | Children & Families
Calling all young explorers! Adventure awaits you with the Huron County Library’s Passport to Discovery program. Pick up a passport from your local branch to begin a full year of learning, reading, doing, and having a whole lot of fun! Visit your local branch each month to pick up a themed craft kit and activity sheet. Once you have completed at least one of the activities, return to the branch to get your passport stamped and ballot entered into a grand prize draw that will take place at the end of the program in February, 2024.
To kick things off, February’s theme is Fairy Tales and includes the following acitvities:
- Pick up a Take & Make Kit to make a Frog Prince Pin-up Game. Based off the famous fairy tale, this craft is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- Go on a Fairy Tale Scavenger Hunt to find the fairy tale characters hiding around your local branch.
- Write your own fairy tale using a dice and the story prompts shared on this month’s activity sheet.
- Read one of these fairy tale-themed books from our collection.
- Download this month’s activity sheet if you prefer to get started from home.