It appears that the spring weather is finally here and it’s time to start thinking about getting your hands dirty in the garden! As we celebrate Earth Day today, we recognize that planting even the smallest potted garden will make a difference in promoting a healthy, sustainable future for the planet. And, you may even enjoy some fresh, homegrown food at the end of the season!
To add a little fun to your garden, library staff have put together some garden labels. To make:
- Print off the labels at home, or visit your local branch
- Colour the labels with markers or crayons
- Laminate or wrap in plastic to keep them dry through the season
- Add a popsicle stick or a stick from your garden to the back of each label
- Stick your labels in the ground to help you identify your plants as they grow
More gardening resources from the Huron County Library:
- It’s Seedy Saturday at the Exeter Branch on Saturday, April 23. Swap seeds, learn more about gardening, make these labels in person, and so much more!
- Borrow seeds from the Seed Library
- Check out these books for little green thumbers!