Please be advised that, due to a planned system outage, access to our online catalogue and some of our digital resources will be interrupted this Saturday, Feb. 19. Our library service provider expects services to be restored once their scheduled server migration is completed Saturday evening, but work will continue into Sunday, Feb. 20, should any issues arise.
- Huron County Library branches will remain open to patrons on Saturday, Feb. 19. Curbside and in-branch services will both be available.
- Library staff will have limited system access and will be able to check materials out, however, they will be unable to place holds, renew items, check patron accounts or search the catalogue while the server is down.
- While all book drops will remain open, staff will not be able to check in any returns until our system is back online. Please note that all branches will be closed on Family Day, Monday, Feb. 21, so check-ins will be processed when branches re-open on Tuesday, Feb. 22. Due dates will be extended to accommodate the outage.
- Basic search functionality in our online catalogue may still be available, but patrons will be unable to place holds, renew items, check their account, etc.
- Any resource that requires you to log in with a library card number will be unavailable. Online resources such as Hoopla, cloudlibrary and Kanopy will be unavailable throughout the planned outage, but materials downloaded ahead of the planned outage should continue to be available.
We apologize in advance for any inconveniece and welcome you to reach out to your local branch should you have any questions.