When life gets busy, the Huron County Library knows that renewing library items can easily be forgotten. So we are very pleased to announce that, in addition to eliminating overdue fines, we are also implementing an automatic renewal system that will now take care of renewing items for you!
Starting Feb. 7, eligible items will be automatically renewed on their due date up to two times. Email notifications will be sent to let you know which items have been automatically renewed so you can enjoy them a little longer. A new due date will be listed with each renewed item.
Items not eligible for automatic renewals include:
- Items that have reached their maximum renewals (items renewed up to two times)
- Items on hold for another patron
- Book Club Sets
- Items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan
- Internet Hubs
- Passes for parks, pools, recreation, etc.
- Special collection items, such as e-readers and Launchpads
To keep track of due dates for all of your checkouts, log into your account online or contact staff at your local branch. Even if items renew automatically, you can always return them to a branch near you at any time before their due date.
What happens if items are not returned after the automatic renewal period?
- Accounts will be blocked when an item is 3 weeks overdue and patrons will be unable to borrow library materials or access online resources with their Huron County Library card. Items can be returned at anytime to unblock an account.
- Items that have been overdue for over 2 months are assumed lost, and the patron will be billed for the replacement costs. Charges are removed if the item is returned undamaged.
- Any patron with bills over $10 for overdue Interlibrary Loan materials, damaged or lost items, will have their accounts blocked.
- Any patron who has 20 or more overdue items will be immediately blocked.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with your local branch staff.